Monday, September 14, 2015

Frontier Chemistry Reflection

Overall, I learned a lot from researching my Frontier Chemistry Project and exploring nature to find different plants. I had never realized how many different types of wildflowers and trees were in our area, and how similar several of them were. In addition, I had never realized that most of the flora could be used for a wide range of medicinal uses. Beforehand, I had known that plants were used in early history to cure illnesses, but I never thought more about it. This project caused me to discover information that I would have never found out individually. It's funny that I can now recognize several plants on the side of the road as I'm driving, and I know how I can use them. I feel confident that I could help someone or myself if I were stranded in our area without a phone and needed immediate medical attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment